Heartland Veterinary Clinic is pleased to offer Laser surgery as an exciting, safe, and progressive alternative to traditional surgery! To date, thousands of surgical procedures have been performed at our clinic using the Laser, including many pediatric surgeries. Your pet’s health and comfort is just as important to us as it is to you.
Why Laser Surgery?
- Less Pain – Laser energy seals nerve endings as it cuts through the tissue. This reduces the amount of pain that your pet will feel post-operatively.
- Less Bleeding – Laser energy seals off small blood vessels during surgery, resulting in less blood loss. Added benefits also include increased surgical precision, and reduced anesthesia time.
- Less Swelling – Unlike traditional scalpel surgery, the Laser does not crush, tear, or bruise the surrounding tissues. This will reduce healing time and allow your pet to resume normal activities more quickly.
What does this mean for my pet?
- Quick return to normal activities – Healing is rapid, and there is less discomfort after surgery.
- Reduced risk of infection – The Laser sterilizes as it cuts, vaporizing diseased tissue and killing infection-causing bacteria.
- Reduced anesthetic risk – For many procedures, a local anesthetic (freezing) may be used, thus eliminating the risk of general anesthesia. This is especially beneficial for debilitated or geriatric pets that may not tolerate general anesthesia well.
What procedures can be performed using a laser?
The Laser is ideal for surgical procedures for dogs and cats, including the following:
- Spaying or neutering your pet
- Early spay/neuter surgery
- Feline declaws
- Wart removal
- Cyst removal
- Tumor/other growth removal
And many other specialized procedures!